Enhanced PDF Functionality
With PDF (Portable Document Format) files playing an increasingly important role in virtually all businesses, the enhanced and powerful PDF functionality built in to the Epson Scan 3.4 Software delivers major advantages in speed, security and flexibility. In combination with the Epson GT-1500, the Epson Scan 3.4 Software PDF functionality enables users to create:
- Searchable PDF files: With the bundled ABBYY Fine Reader Sprint 6 (version 5 for Mac) software installed, documents can be scanned and saved as text-searchable PDF files, dramatically improving the ability to search - and successfully locate - information contained in scanned and stored documents.
- Encrypted PDF files: As security continues to be of increasing concern for organisations of all sizes, the ability to create secure PDF files is a major benefit afforded by the GT-1500 and Epson Scan 3.4 Software. Documents can be scanned and saved as PDF files with two distinct password protection levels - password required for opening, and password required for editing and/or printing.
- Compressed PDF files: Documents can be scanned and saved as compressed - either standard or high - PDF files, resulting in reduced file size therefore making it easy to send via email.
- Single or multi-page PDF files: With the ability to scan multiple pages as either individual PDF files or a multi-page PDF file, Epson Scan 3.4 Software functions as a key tool in streamlining digital document management and creation.
- Sorted pages on-the-fly: When scanning into PDF or even multi-TIFF files, the Epson Scan 3.4 Software edit page screen provides easy to use functionality for ad hoc rearrangement of pages or automatic sorting by odd or even page numbers.