Back to Base Inkjet Warranty - NZDefinitions
In this warranty:
- "Act" means the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 as amended
- "Back to Base" means where delivery to and collection of your product from the Service Agent is your responsibility
- "Consumables" include (without limitation) ink cartridges, toner cartridges, paper, transfer belts and fusers
- "Epson New Zealand" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd, trading as Epson New Zealand
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the SEIKO-Epson group of companies
- "Product" means a Genuine product supplied new by Epson New Zealand, not being one of the Large Format Printers listed in the Pro Graphics warranty section.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of first purchase from Epson New Zealand's website or a Stockist
- "Service Agent" means an authorised Epson New Zealand Service Agent
- "Stockist" means a dealer, reseller or retailer
- "You" means the End User and "your" has a corresponding meaning.
Subject to these conditions, Epson New Zealand offers this Warranty on a Product to which Back to Base service applies.
This Warranty applies in addition to the warranties implied by the Act.
A Stockist who has sold a Product to you has acted as principal and has no authority to give any additional warranty or guarantee in relation to the Product on behalf of Epson New Zealand.
Epson New Zealand will not be liable for any consequential loss, indirect or special damage arising from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson New Zealand excludes any liability for actual or expected revenue loss or corruption or loss of data.
Epson New Zealand warrants that your Product will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one (1) year from your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson New Zealand will repair or replace your Product, if it does not comply with this Warranty.
To make a Warranty claim, you must:
- You must first call Epson New Zealand's Contact Centre on 0800 237766;
- Return the Product (if warranty service is required) in its original packaging (or suitable alternative) to a Service Agent, as discussed with the Contact Centre; and
- Provide a copy of your purchase receipt, to show that this Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim.
You are responsible for the delivery of your Product to and its collection from the Service Agent.
This Warranty applies only:
- To a Product supplied new to You by a Stockist;
- If you use the Product for your own private or business purposes; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
This Warranty will not apply if during the warranty period:
- A Product's serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is repaired other than by a Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to any technical or operating environment guidelines recommended in its user guide or manual;
- A part in your Product, (including without limitation the waste pads), reaches the end of its service life;
- A Product's malfunction or failure results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification;
- incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
- your use of any non-genuine consumables, software, parts, accessories or interfacing.
Epson New Zealand advises that if you use non- Genuine
Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories,
you may damage your Product and may void your warranty.