Epson Disc Publisher Warranty
IMPORTANT NOTICE ALL CUSTOMERS:
UPGRADE YOUR WARRANTY BY REGISTERING YOUR PRODUCT
WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE AND RECEIVE ONSITE SERVICING
AS SET OUT BELOW.
REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT AT: http://www.epson.co.nz/discproducer/register/register_login.asp
Warranty Terms & Conditions
In this warranty:
- "Act" means the Consumers Guarantee Act New Zealand 1993 as amended.
- "Back to Base" is where you pay for delivery to and collection of your Product from a Service Agent.
- "Consumer Guarantee" means a guarantee given to an End User by the Act.
- "Consumables" include (without limitation) ink cartridges, waste pads, and CD/DVD media.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- "Factory Second" means a Product sold by Epson Australia as a second.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises as defined in the Warranty below.
- "Product" means a Genuine Epson Disc Publisher supplied new by Epson Australia.
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia relating to a Product.
- "Proof of Purchase" means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product’s first purchase from Epson Australia or a Stockist
- "Service Agent" means a person or company authorised by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- "Stockist" means an authorised Epson Australia Disc Publisher dealer.
- "You" means the End User and "your" has a corresponding meaning.
Subject to these conditions, Epson Australia offers the following Warranty on your Product.
This Warranty sits alongside and will not affect any Consumer Guarantee available to you under the Act in relation to a Product.
Any Stockist who sells a Product to you will act as principal and will have no authority to give you any additional Product warranty or guarantee or to make any statement on behalf of Epson Australia about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Under this Warranty, Epson Australia will not be liable for any claimed consequential loss, or for indirect or special damage arising from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia excludes any liability for actual or expected revenue loss or corruption or loss of data arising from your use of the Product.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product, including in particular but without limitation, the CD/DVD drives, will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one (1) year (or- in the case of a Factory Second- for six (6) months) from your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace
your Product, if it is found on inspection by it or a Service Agent
to have any such defect.
Warranty Claim Procedure
To make a claim under this Warranty, you must:
- First call the Stockist from which you purchased your Product
to identify and rectify (if possible) any fault and provide Proof
of Purchase, to show that this Warranty applies to your Product
at the date of your claim, Click
here for a list of Stockist; AND
- Take your Product to a Service Agent, unless you have already
duly registered your Product with Epson Australia, in which case,
if your Product is located at your business premises which are
within an 80 kilometre radius of a Service
Agent’s facility in the New Zealand cities listed below,
you will be entitled to receive Onsite warranty service.
- These cities are Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington.
If your Product is located outside this radius, you must either bear the return cost and risk of having your Product delivered to a Service Agent for warranty service or pay the Service Agent’s reasonable travel and accommodation costs to provide you with Onsite warranty service.
If a Service Agent provides Onsite service but finds that any fault with your Product is not directly related to a breach of this Warranty, you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable return travel and accommodation costs (if applicable) to provide you with that Onsite warranty service.
If a Service Agent provides Back to Base service but finds that any fault with your Product is not directly related to a breach of this Warranty, you must pay its current fee for that service.
This Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold to You by Epson Australia or by a Stockist;
- If You use the Product for your private or business purposes; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the relevant warranty period:
- A Product's model number, serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is serviced, repaired or modified by anyone other than by a Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to the technical or operating environment guidelines recommended in its user guide or manual;
- A component part of your Product, (including but without limitation its waste pads), reaches the end of its service life; or
- A Product's malfunction or failure to perform to Epson Australia’s specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification; or
- incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
- any form of computer virus; or
- use of non-Genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories and/or interfacing; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
If you use non-genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories in or with your Product, you may cause damage to your Product that may invalidate this Warranty, and you may consequently incur the current cost of parts, travel and labour for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
Details of the company giving this warranty
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW, 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666