Epson Australia Pty Ltd trading as Epson New Zealand and its related businesses ("Epson") understands that your privacy is important and recognises the importance of respecting customer privacy.
Our commitment to protect your privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it for or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal information by abiding by the New Zealand Privacy Principles (NZPPs), the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act), the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and any other relevant law.
(a) the kind of personal information that we collect and hold, and how we will do this;
(b) the purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
(c) how you may access your personal information and seek correction if necessary;
(d) how you may complain about a breach of the NZPPs and how we will deal with such a complaint; and
(e) if we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and if so, the countries in which they are likely to be located.
When we refer to personal information, we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent, which may include information or an opinion about you (Personal Information).
The types of Personal Information we collect about you may include (but is not limited to) your:
- e-mail address;
- phone numbers.
When you use our website or mobile applications (including www.epson.co.nz collectively “Sites”) we may collect information about your location or activity, including IP address, telephone number and whether you have accessed third party sites, the date and time of visits, the pages that are viewed, information about the device used, and other user location information. We collect some of this information using cookies (see the below section on cookies for more information).
Note: Credit card details are not processed through or retained on Epson's servers. Credit card information is processed on the ANZ Bank's credit card processing system, or via PayPal's or some other third party’s systems. Epson does not have access to your credit card details. We can only see the first 6 and last 3 digits of your card number, for transaction matching or verification processes.
How do we collect your Personal Information
Where reasonable and practical, we will collect your personal information directly from you.
In general, you can visit any of our Sites without providing Personal Information. However, Epson may ask for and collect Personal Information from you, if you choose to do any of the following things:
- Participate in one of our competitions or promotions
- Register with one of our Sites or for any one of our products
- Register your Epson product online
- Request Epson product information
- Access our Site
- Request Epson technical support
- Make an online purchase of a product or ReadyPrint Plan via one of our Sites
- Provide an online review of a product via one of our Sites
- Subscribe to any of our products on an ongoing basis
- Contact us
As soon as practical after we collect any Personal Information from you, we will inform you of the following:
- our identity and contact details;
- the purposes for which we have collected that information;
- if we are likely to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients and if so, the countries in which they are likely to be located.
Unless it is impractical for us to respond in relation to a particular request, you may choose not to identify yourself or to deal with us anonymously.
Epson may request (or collect where relevant) additional information for our marketing and research purposes, which may include (without limitation):
- how you found out about one of our Sites;
- navigational data to monitor Site use and improve Site content;
- your product functionality preferences; and
- details of Epson products that you own or use (“Products”).
You will have no obligation to provide us with such additional information. We will not collect “sensitive information”, as defined by the NZPPs, unless you have given consent and such collection is reasonably necessary for our business activities.
If we receive any Personal Information from you that we did not request, then as soon as practical after we become aware, and if we may lawfully do so, we will destroy or de-identify that information, and will not keep any record of it.
When you visit the "Members Section" of a Site after registering your Product, your membership number or e-mail address and password will identify you. You may also ask for your Personal Information to be removed from our membership database, as per the "Opting-out" section below.
Possible use and disclosure of Personal Information
Epson's servers and systems are located in Australia and Japan. If you choose to give us Personal Information, that Personal Information will be stored and processed in Australia and / or Japan, however Epson will ensure that it remains protected from unauthorised use and will only be used in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
If you choose to give us Personal Information, Epson may use it to support our customer relationship with you. For example, we may post or email to you from time to time information about Product upgrades, special offers, competitions, promotions and other new Products and services that we offer.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless:
- you would reasonably expect us to use such information for that purpose:
- we have provided a simple method by which you can request not to receive direct marketing communications from us; and
- you have not made such a request to us.
Epson will not share with, rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation without first seeking and obtaining your consent, unless we are legally required to do so, for example to a government agency.
However, Epson may disclose general information (not being Personal Information) about its customers and Site members to third parties such as advertising agencies, business partners and other parties to which we outsource various matters. For example, we might disclose that a certain percentage of Site users is in a particular age bracket or uses a PC or Apple computer.
Epson may also disclose Personal Information to independent research agencies that are contracted to act on behalf of Epson, for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct Product or customer research. Epson has strict privacy conditions in place with such agencies to ensure the protection of Personal Information.
In addition, Epson may also disclose your Personal Information to: companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us; our agents, contractors, external service providers to outsource certain functions, for example, statement production, debt recovery and information technology support; any person or entity who represents you; any person or entity, where you have provided us consent; claims related providers, such as assessors and investigators who help us with claims; where we are authorised to do so by law; investors, agents or advisers, trustees, rating agencies or any entity that has an interest in our business; and financial institutions, for example to process a claim for mistaken payment.
We may also give your address details to third parties that provide services to us (such as couriers, NZ Post, or fulfilment houses, to enable them to deliver a prize, product, printer, reward or online purchase to you or collect a product or printer from you.)
If you complete a technical or pre-sales query form, this may result in Personal Information being disclosed to overseas recipients in Australia, the United States of America, Philippines and Japan, who are either contracted to or employed by Epson. Epson has strict privacy conditions in place with such contractors and other Epson divisions to ensure the protection of such Personal Information.
Bank Account Details
Epson may fulfil cashback promotions via electronic funds transfer (“EFT”), whereby we will ask customers to enter their bank account numbers into our systems using the SSL secure encrypted technologies. Bank account numbers are stored in encrypted format, and six months after EFT deposits are processed, all associated bank account numbers are automatically deleted from our systems.
Opting-out and Updating Personal Information
If you wish to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" link on the relevant Site. If you wish to update your Personal Information (such as your postal or email address or phone number), you may do so by using the 'Change of Details' link on the relevant Site. We will generally rely on you to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate or complete.
If you wish to remove all your Personal Information from our Sites, please phone 0800 237 766 or click on the link at https://epsonaustralia.custhelp.com/app/tech_qry
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
We will provide you with access to the Personal Information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make, we may respond to your request immediately. Otherwise, we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your Personal Information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, if your request is vexatious, or if the information is commercially sensitive.
If we deny you access to the Personal Information we hold about you, we will explain why.
If any of the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out-of-date, you may request that we correct the information by contacting us.
If appropriate, we will correct the Personal Information at the time of your request. Otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected your Personal Information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other parties as part of our investigation.
If we refuse to correct Personal Information, we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
Third Party Links
Our Sites may provide you with links to other Internet sites ("Third Party Sites") that are not operated by Epson and which have their own information privacy and collection practices. If you choose to link from a Site to a Third Party Site, you thereby acknowledge that Epson has no responsibility for the privacy or protection of any Personal Information that you may submit to the operator of that site.
Network Advertising and Retargeting
Epson Cloud Solution Port and other Epson products
In addition to the foregoing, this section applies specifically to your use of “Epson Cloud Solution Port” (ECSP) and any other Epson service or products including interfacing devices, having similar features, functions and capabilities (ECSP) and sets out how Epson collects, processes, uses and stores certain information relative to ECSP, which may include personal information.
Epson and Epson’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may collect information through your use of ECSP including all features, content, and other services that Epson owns, controls and makes available through ECSP or related software, including the “Data Collection Agent” (the “Services”).
Epson Collects Information you Provide to Us
In addition to the matters set out above, Epson collects information you provide directly to Epson via your use of the Services. The information we collect will depend on the nature of your business with us and can include Personal Information such as your first and last name, telephone number, email address, business name and address, and identification. Epson collects information when you:
- use the Services;
- create an account;
- subscribe to Epson notifications; or
- communicate with Epson through the Services.
You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to Epson through the Services, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for such Personal Information in instances where Epson has not collected such information or requested that you submit such information to Epson.
Epson Collects Information Automatically
The methods of collecting Usage Information and the types of Usage Information that Epson and its Service Providers may use include:
- Data Collection Agent: Epson collects certain printer information through the Data Collection Agent ("DCA"). The DCA must be downloaded to a PC that is connected to the same network as the Epson printer and with internet access, or the ECSP must be activated from the device web page for devices equipped with embedded ECSP capability, for device monitoring. Use of the DCA is subject to the license terms in the End User License Agreement that accompanies the DCA. The DCA will detect the ink volume of the Epson cartridge that is inserted into your Epson printer, among other information about use of your Epson printer such as print quantities, consumption/capacity of ink and maintenance box, serial numbers and other Epson product information, and/or data regarding machine performance such as device settings, device alerts, error history, and will send that information to ECSP through your internet connection. You are fully responsible for maintaining your internet connection in order for the DCA to continue collecting this information. This information will be used by technicians for device troubleshooting; and by administrators for usage, and by business personnel for research and development of service and product enhancement.
- Log Information: Epson collects certain log information such as IP address, device identifier, AD ID, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system characteristics, date/time stamps, data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device) and related data, and stores it in log files.
- Information Collected During a Login Session: Epson may use session ID which make it easier for you to navigate the Services and expire when you close your browser. ECSP uses "local storage" and "session storage" to keep user interface related information such as language, number of items to be displayed on a page, and account information such as login user, available functions, viewable range for a consistent browser experience.
Epson Collects Information from Third Party Dealers
Epson Collects Information from Other Sources
Use of Information
- providing our products and services to you;
- facilitate, manage, personalise and improve our Services or the online experience through our Services;
- transact with you, respond to your comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, send you informational notices, establish your identity and contact you if Epson needs to obtain or provide additional information;
- monitor and record communications for quality assurance and compliance purposes;
- manage our risk and comply with our legal obligations;
- conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys; and
- prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms and threats or harm.
Improvements in technology also enable organisations like ours to collect and use information to get a more integrated view of our customers. We may offer you other products and services from time to time.
Epson’s Service Providers may receive, or be given access to your information, without limitation, Personal Information and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Epson’s behalf. These Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although Epson may permit them to use aggregate information (which does not identify the data subject) or de-identified data for other purposes. Epson may also share information about you with its Service Providers as follows:
- to comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and except as prohibited by applicable law, in response to a government request;
- to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of Epson, the Services or any third party;
- with Epson affiliates for internal business purposes; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Epson’s assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Epson’s business to another company.
Without limiting the foregoing, in Epson’s sole discretion, Epson may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information confidential and to protect it from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented and will maintain current standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Information from any such interference. Security policy.
If you are not satisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our complaints officer on 0800 237 766.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days and aim to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response of our complaints officer, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner who can be contacted at either www.oaic.gov.au or by phone on +61 2 9942 4099.
How To Contact Us